Electric and connected mobility
- The automotive industry is and has been in recent years the region’s main exporter, accounting for more than 45% of total exports in Navarra.
- Mechatronics or advanced manufacturing (electronics, ICT, and equipment manufacturing) accounts for around 30% of total exports.
- Mechatronics is the area of greatest technological specialisation, accounting for almost 39% of the total patents registered by companies in recent years.
- Business size is higher than the regional average, and the turnover of automotive businesses accounts for more than 25% of the region’s total.
- Within the area of ICT and machine manufacturing, there is an important opportunity for specialisation towards the “Industry 4.0” paradigm.